Saturday, March 7, 2015

Caster Issues for center foot

Working with wrong parts

I had ordered via paypal as per Frank's suggestion for the following part:
Colson Swivel Stem Caster with 3" Performa TPE Gray Non-Marking Wheel 1-3054-441
$8.00 / shipped

It took 3 tries and an additional purchase to get this foot completed... Here is a picture of the losers

TRY #1

The first time I would order and purchase it what I received the first time was a 7/8" stem that was too thick to fit into Frank's center foot. 

TRY #2

The 2nd one they sent it was 3/8" but the wheel positioning from the center stem was much larger and wouldn't freely spin inside the round opening on the bottom...


TRY #3

So I silly willy ordered yet another 3/8" stem caster with the 3054-441 part number... It took 3 days and when it arrived I was surprised to find it was the right one!

NOTE for Frank Pirz Center foot - verify you get the 3054-441 due to the diameter issues with other casters.

 
I will have to remove it before I begin painting the foot details as I will have to prime it several times, before painting its final coats of gloss white.
 
Here is the center foot with the half moons attached, will need to still caulk (bondo) the edges and sand as well as add the ankle cylinders and connectors.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment