Saturday, April 6, 2013

A&A Leg work 4-6-2013

Using the A&A kit, I was able to complete the styrene/PVC Leg construction.  Here are a few shots of the completed work.  Using the PVC cement I noticed that much of the surface raises if you leave it on it.

Notice the damage caused by the PVC cement on the holes and edge.
I also started to countersink many of the holes to keep the screws flush.



Started the assembly of the horseshoe shoulder area as well as the ankles

My drill has many uses as well as its batteries :)

Close up of the ankle assembly... note I am unable to get screws to flush mount
through this piece, I will use combination of screws / Glue to handle the task.

Close up of the horseshoe piece being glued to the leg assembly

Applied the top detail of the ankle... note there is nothing really strong about it.
Its completely hollow, I am going to use some sort of spray foam to fill...

Completed leg assemblies... out drying

Another view of the angle detail

Completed horseshoe attached via hooks, this is removable
as per the A&A docs assembly

Note the damage from the Glue on the surface

 

No comments:

Post a Comment